Using UAV’s to extract volumetric calculations on sites and quarries.
Using our advanced systems and automated flight softwares, we were able to use our drones to capture data which we use to calculate cut and fill volumes.
Case Study: Dingle Quarry
Client: Cape Civils Ltd.
Requirements: Topographical Survey to determine fill volume and stockpile calculations of the quarry. Imported data into AutoCAD. Accuracy to 50mm.
Deliverables: Data collection using the DJI X5 Pro. Data processing and point cloud output to .las/.dwg compatible file formats. Volumetric calculations.
Navigation for the 3D model below, you can also use the arrow buttons or click on the annotated numbers:
- Move camera: 1 finger drag or Left Mouse Button
- Pan: 2-finger drag or Right Mouse Button or SHIFT+ Left Mouse Button
- Zoom on object: Double-tap or Double-click on object
- Zoom out: Double-tap or Double-click on background
- Zoom: Pinch in/out or mouse wheel or CTRL + Left Mouse Button